SINCE LAST TIME
So in the coming weeks and months, we intend to keep you updated on the small changes and updates we make, and hopefully you will find them interesting and useful.
In this issue, the spotlight is on eeSea's Company, Terminal and News modules. Our intention is to use APM Terminals as a showcase for what we would like to achieve with eeSea; to combine market intelligence and a curated news stream with a pleasant and intuitive user interface.
- First came the announcement of the 61% part-acquisition of Spain's Grup Maritim TCB, followed by the announcement that they would acquire the remaining 39% of the shares. The total deal is valued at $1bn. Currently, the 11 terminals owned by Grup TCB are still updated under their ownership - but when the deal goes through, and assuming the Grup TCB name will discontinue, we will update them to be owned by APMT
- This was all on the back of divestments in Charleston, Houston and Jacksonville in the USA, and in Gioia Tauro in Italy; and investment in a sixth South American facility in Cartagena, Colombia - all within the past six months;
- As well as the much-publicized opening of the Maasvlakte II terminal in Rotterdam in April;
- And obviously this must all be seen in the context of APMT's purchase of a co-controlling stake in Global Ports in 2012, and Global Port's subsequent takeover of Russian competitor NCC in 2013;
- Finally, just this past week, the parent group, AP Moeller - Maersk, then downgraded their 2015 result expectations. This was, however, primarily related to Maersk Line.
Feel free to click the links in the above text; they illustrate news items, as well as company and terminal pages. Let's be honest, though; we do not have a full data set in the system yet, so there will be gaps in, for example, services serving individual ports and terminals; but we are working hard to get that to you.
In the meantime, we hope you like it, and look forward to hearing your comments, either to the individual news items, through our contact page or directly directly to email@example.com
Other terminal operators, and other countries' ports and terminals, are not far behind the above APMT mapping - stay tuned, as we develop those.
Aside from our work in the terminals sector, we are also working on mapping all the Asia - Mediterranean and Asia - Red Sea liner services, in order to illustrate eeSea's capabilities in the Services module. We aim to deliver this to you very soon.
There's of course a long list of ports, terminals and trade lanes we would like to update and maintain, but if you have a particular reason why you would like to see a specific set of ports or a trade lane bumped to the top of the priority list, please do let us know, here or at firstname.lastname@example.org.